Wednesday, July 29, 2015

I don't know what to talk about so I'm just going to state my opinion about Texas government. I honestly love Texas government and I hate Texas government at the same time. It's tough to find a place that really syncs up with each and every one of your beliefs and ideals, or at least most of them. Even then, I'd imagine if you did so very luckily find such a place, eventually with time, it would change, and unless you're willing to change with it, you either deal with it or move on to the next best option you have. Texas government seems to follow the majority of my beliefs with economic matters in the private sector, mainly that government should keep their nose out of it as much as possible, which they do more than the average state. No income tax and cheap community college tuition? Sign me up.

What I really can't get behind is how there's a very apparent lack of separation of church & state here and nobody seems to be doing much about it. Texas government allows their religion to influence their policies far too much, and usually the worst parts of the Bible. I'm talking about those parts that make most modern Christians embarrassed to admit are written in their holy book of choice, such as the parts that influence Texan anti-gay laws banning gays from even having sex with each other in the privacy of their own homes, and not allowing them to marry one another! Last time I checked we make laws according to the Constitution, which says all men are created equal, not the Bible. There are a few other examples, but I don't want to spew hate on my blog. All that said, whether just a natural progression of society or Supreme Court rulings, or a bit of both...Texas is definitely and slowly catching up.

No comments:

Post a Comment